Public Invention requests your support as a non-profit that hosts crucial open-source engineering projects. Our mission is supported by family, friends, inventors and philanthropists who donate their intellect, time, and money. Public Invention runs leading open source global health, education, and research platforms around the world.
Please donate whatever you can comfortably afford or what feels right for you. We want to create a movement for the next decades of fiercely free and open humanitarian hardware invention.
Our plan for 2023 are to:
- productize the PolyVent open source ventilator educational platform which has been successfully used in a classroom at Rice University,
- continue developing the control system for a ceramic oxygen generator with NASA,
- improve and productize the General Purpose Alarm Device,
- productize the VentMon T0.5 ventilation tester,
- the VentMon open source ventilator tester/monitor,
- developer a soft ferrofluid pump with no moving parts, and
- begin investigating micro-charring for treating human waste.
We are also raising money for a non-profit project run by Glia Inc. of Canada to make injection-molded tourniquets for use in Ukraine.
Public Invention is a US 501c3 (EIN 83-4036254) public charity that has a Fidelity brokerage account, and so can receive stocks and securities as gifts, which is tax advantageous if you wish to donate appreciated assets to avoid capital gains taxes. Robert L. Read, President of Public Invention, is happy to discuss both the most efficient way to make a gift and your specific intentions for the use of your gift.
Click here for our quarterly and annual reports.
|Funder Level||Min Contribution||Max Contribution|